Eight former hotel guests are suing a Las Vegas strip resort and its builders, seeking over $300 million in damages by alleging that they were exposed to Legionairres Disease during stays there in early 2011.
The guests are claiming damages for negligence by the resort owners MGM Resorts International. No hearing date has been set for the cases yet.
The management of the water plan by the builders and the resort owners is being currently examined. The allegation is that there were multiple incidences of the Legionella bacteria in the water system.
Six of the injured guests allege that they were treated for Legionnairres Disease. The potentially fatal respiratory ailment got its name after more than 200 people were sickened and 34 died in 1976 after a Philadelphia convention of the American Legion. Health investigators said the bacteria apparently spread through the convention hotel air conditioning system.
Health officials reported in July that six former Aria guests recovered after treatment for the disease. MGM have said that they notified guests that they may have been exposed between June 21st and July the 4th. Lawyers are alleging on behalf of the guests that they were exposed to the disease in water vapour and steam when they used showers and faucets.
If you have become ill after consuming water in a hotel and if you have been diagnosed as suffering from this condition you may be entitled to recover compensation for your injury, please contact Liam Moloney, Solicitor, in the strictest of confidence by logging onto our website www.moloneysolicitors.ie or simply call Liam Moloney, Solicitor, on 045 898000 for further advice concerning your rights.