It has long been known that the majority of public liability accidents are caused through slips trips and falls. Recent figures released by the Injuries Board have shown that compensation totalling 44million was awarded for these types of injuries in 2013 alone. Over 11700 public liability award were made by the Injuries Board in 2013.
The average public liability award rose year on year by almost 11% to 25,120. Over a 2 year period the number of awards of over €100,000 increased to over 2 in 2011 to 18 in 2013.
Females now account for 71.4% of total awards made. Slips, trips and falls were the most common accident types accounting for 67% of total PL awards. The majority of such claims involved predominantly soft tissue injuries and minor fractures which resulted in awards of under €38,000.
Key statistics from the Injuries Board review of PL awards in 2013 confirm as follows:
● Women are almost twice as likely as men to sustain an injury in a public place.
● The average award for public liability claim was €25,120.00
● The average award for men was €25,664.00 and women €24,902.00
● Slips, trips and falls were the most common accident type. The vast majority of awards made by the Injuries Board were under €38,000.
● Saturday was the most common day for a public place accident.
● January has been the safest month over the last 3 years while July saw the highest level of accidents.
● The highest percentage of awards in 2013 went to Dublin 37% followed by Munster at 29%, Leinster 19% and Connaught/Ulster 13%.
● 17% of awards made by the Injuries Board in 2013 related to Public Liability.
● 75% of awards represented motor liability.
● 8% of awards represented Employer liability claims.
Moloney & Co Solicitors in Naas handle all types of injury claims and have a proven success rate in maximising compensation awards to people who are injured in all types of accidents. If you wish to avail of our service please feel free to contact Mr Moloney at firstname.lastname@example.org and at 045-898000.