Work Place Accidents (Slip, Trips or Falls)
We have more than 15 years experience in handling work accident claims
If you have been injured in an accident at work Moloney & Company Solicitors can help you seek compensation for your injuries. Moloney & Co. Solicitors have more than 15 years experience in handling all types of work accident claims. We have an excellent team of personal injury* litigators who have extensive experience in the area of personal injury litigation in Ireland.
Due to the introductory of the Personal Injury* Assessment Board (now known as The Injuries Board.ie) all claims for personal injuries* have to be submitted to this board. It is very important that people take the following steps after an accident in a public place.
- Immediately report the accident to the relevant local authority and keep a record of the person you speak to.
- Keep a diary of all of the relevant dates pertaining to the accident itself.
- Take names and addresses and relevant contact numbers of any witnesses to the accident so that these witnesses can be contacted very soon after the accident by your Solicitor to take a witness statement.
If at all possible secure a photograph of the accident location together with photographs of any injuries sustained by you.
What to do if you have an accident at work
There are strict obligations on employers under the Health & Safety Acts together with other legislation to ensure that employees have a safe system of work and that employees are properly trained in the tasks that they are carrying out and that they are provided with proper equipment in the course of their employment. Moloney & Co. Solicitors have a specialist team of Barristers who practice solely in the area of personal injuries* litigation and these Barristers are available to all clients prior to the commencement of proceedings to give advice in relation to the strengths and weaknesses of ones case.
It is important to immediately take the following steps after the occurrence of a work place accident.
- Report the incident immediately to your immediate superior and ensure that an accident report is completed and you are given a copy of it.
- Seek medical attention immediately and ensure that your doctor or hospital personnel keep detailed records of the complaint that you make.
- Do not discuss the circumstances of the accident with any representatives of the Defendant or the Defendant’s Insurance Company without a Solicitor being present.
We are happy to talk you through the process of making a claim and would be happy to answer any questions or queries you have. Telephone us now on 045 898000 or complete one of our online personal injury claim forms.
Download the following Instruction Sheet and return it us:
Had an Accident? Fill in our online Accident Form and get an answer within 24 hours.
*In contentious Business a Solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.*