Victim of medical negligence? We can help
If you choose Moloney & Co. Solicitors for your Medical Negligence* claim then you can rest assured that you are in good hands.
- We offer a dedicated service to the victims of medical negligence.
- We are specialist in the area of medical negligence claims.
Medical negligence* can lead to physical, emotional and personal trauma as well as significant disability or fatality for unfortunate victims.
Moloney & Co. Solicitors are experts in this specialised area of law. The Law for medical negligence* in Ireland is complicated and is governed by the test set out in the Supreme Court case of Dunne V The National Maternity Hospital (1989). This case provided that:
- a medical practitioner was negligent in diagnosis of treatment only if he was guilty of such failure as no other medical practitioner of equal specialist or general status or skill will be guilty of if acting with ordinary care
- a Plaintiff will establish negligence against a medical practitioner by proving his deviation from a general and approved practice only upon proving also that the course taken was one that no other medical practitioner of like specialisation and skill would have followed when taking the ordinary care required from a person of his qualifications.
Our firm offers a dedicated service to the victims of medical negligence and we specialise in the area of medical negligence* claims.
Medical negligence claims can cover the following areas:
- Brachial Plexus and Erb-s Palsy Injuries*
- Cerebral Palsy & Birth Injury Claims*
- Birth Injury Claims*
- Accident & Emergency Treatment Claims*
- GP Negligence*
- Congenital Hip Dysplasia Claims*
- Cancer Misdiagnosis Claim*
- Cosmetic Surgery Claims*
- Surgical Errors*
- Defective Medical Device Claims*
- Fatal Injury Claims*
- Hospital Acquired Infection Claims*
- Eye Related Claims.*
There are also compensation schemes for people who suffered mental or physical abuse and the Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital scheme has been established for victims of the wrongful acts of a consultant obstetrician who performed unnecessary hysterectomies in the Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Drogheda, Co. Louth between 1974 and 1998.
Liam has undertaken a three month specialist course in the Law Society of Ireland dealing with all aspects of medical negligence* to include areas concerning informed consent as all persons undergoing elective procedures must receive warnings as to the possible side effects and complications that could arise from these procedures. This has been established in Irish Law.
For further information and advice regarding your legal rights and entitlements please e-mail email@example.com or call 045 898000
Download the following Instruction Sheet and return it us: MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE QUESTIONNAIRE
Fill in our online Medical Negligence Form and get an answer within 24 hours.
*In contentious Business a Solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.*